Translate

Monday, October 7, 2013

Beautiful A.M. and P.M.



Oils have a somewhat negative reputation when it comes to using them on our skin. People have been told that oil causes you to breakout, and while some oily products can, using natural oils will never cause breakouts. We've been terrified of using oils on our face for so long that we never think about the huge benefits of doing it!

 I remember being flipped out when I read that some queen somewhere shared that her secret to looking so very young and "beautiful" was using olive oil, even bathing in it daily for decades! I thought 'holy guacamole, she must've had serious acne.' But, I was intrigued enough to do some research, and that was over a year ago. I remember finding all these fabulous benefits to using oils like olive oil on your face, and even posting here to share that I was going to start using it myself.

Well, I have. And I recently got the wonderful opportunity to try a product from a sister site of one of my favorite companys. 

In fact, I've written about another product I loved by the same company who makes the Beautiful line a while back -- OraMD. Do you guys remember that? I actually still use the stuff to brush my teeth with to this day! I haven't touched toothpaste (or soap, thanks to OraMD!) in a year and 2 months! 

Anyways, that aside,  the two bottles you see in my photos there are of  Beautiful AM and Beautiful PM Revitalizer.

Just to prove to you guys that oil is not a horrific monster, I have taken two photos of my face right after applying the oil, and the second one about 10 minutes later...




Just ignore the puffiness -- it was early and I'd just woken up!


The photo above is my face immediately after applying Beautiful AM. No makeup, powder or anything on my skin (only eye makeup.)

You can see that there isn't any major shininess or oilyness to my skin. The oil is oil, so it feels like oil (not as thick as olive oil, though) and it is slightly shiny at first, but as it absorbs into the skin, your face won't be so shiny.




And this is me 10 minutes after applying the Beautiful oil, and not even wiping any off my skin -- pretty nice, huh? It isn't shiny at all really. 


I have been using the Beautiful AM and Beautiful PM for a week today. I actually have less breakouts than when I started with!

 So, you can lay the myth (that using oil on your skin makes you shiny and breakout) to rest. It isn't true. Promise. And I've used various olive oils, seabuck oils and coconut oils on my skin for over a year. It has never caused me to breakout. If anything, natural oils are some of the most beneficial things you can put on your skin as they promote healing, etc. I'll go into details in a moment. First I want to discuss more about the Beautiful line and how to use it.

P.S. Something else we tend to assume is that if we have oily skin, we should avoid oils. That's a myth, too.

 The Beautiful line can be used on all skin types, including oily (like mine!) It won't cause your face to produce more oils. In fact, one big  reason oily-skin is oily is because of the products we use can strip skin of its natural oils, so it begins producing too much and leaves us shiny as a sequin. That's the case for me, too. Most of my cleansers just dry my skin out, so it'll over-produce oil and make me shiny. Since Beautiful AM and PM is a natural product, it isn't going to cause your skin to over-produce or under-produce oils.

One thing that makes the Beautiful line so unique and precious is that the label will say "Beautiful," and then your own name right underneath it! 

That was a really nice surprise and seeing it every morning and night always makes me smile! It also makes the two a really special gift to someone. I also think it's unique and cute that Trusted Health Products has a line like Beautiful for men! It's called "You're The Man!"

For the You're The Man line, Trusted Health Products also puts your own name on the label, so it would say "Kendra, You're the Man!"  Ha. Ha. I just love that! It too would make a really nice gift for a man in your life.
I've never seen anything like this neat little detail anywhere else before, but I think it's the cutest idea. Kind of makes it more personal and gives you a nice lift each time you go to use it.



Now that we've knocked out the oil myth, let me tell you all the reasons I love Beautiful AM and PM Revitalizer...

  •  It's made with 100% pure live, cold-pressed & natural, botanical ingredients -- obviously I love that!
  • Contains no GMOs, no preservatives, synthetic chemicals, parabens  or additives of any kind! This is actually a lot more important in your skincare products than you might think. I've posted the importance of avoiding those things in everything from food to products you use a lot here, but I simply can't say it enough. A lot of times it's tough for me to avoid some of these harmful ingredients when it comes to food (thanks to where I live, mostly), but I've gotten to where I cannot bring myself to use soaps or skincare products that aren't natural. One exception: deodorant. Oh, and shampoo. Darn I'm bad. But I've not been able to get around those two for the life of me. I've tried every single natural deo I've been able to find and always end up stinking! Can't handle stink. 

As for my face, the one part of my body that shows constantly. The one part I can't really hide short of wearing a mask, is very important to me. I've never broken out and had awful skin since I quit using chemical-filled facial products. My skin was bad when I used those!  For one, that kind of stuff has no beneficial ingredients. 

It may have something that makes your skin soft, or strips it of dirt and grime (but so does Beautiful, only it won't strip your natural oils from your skin along with the dirt.) 

The natural oils in Beautiful work to moisturize your skin -- truly moisturize, not just add a layer of lotion on top of your skin. It actually absorbs within the skin -- and feeds nutrients to cells -- and works to moisturize, heal and detox your skin. Chemical-filled facial products can't do that. Moving on.


  • This is something else I couldn't love more about the Beautiful AM and PM -- it replaces your moisturizer, cleanser, toner, repair cream, protectant, firming product, age-defying product and blemish products! Now that is my ideal skincare routine! It's handy and super convenient. 
I was shocked at how much time I've been saving over the last week that I've been using only the two oils -- Beautiful AM and Beautiful PM. Aside from makeup, that's all I've been using! This is actually the first time in my life I've cut out a moisturizer. Even when I would use olive oil on my skin at night, I'd wake up and still need a moisturizer. 

  • It also works as a cleanser/makeup remover!  Oils such as the ones in Beautiful are the best, most effective, yet gentle makeup removers I have ever used. I just dab a little under my eyes and swipe with a tissue and it removes more of the black makeup (mascara, eyeliner) than anything I've used. 
Before using the AM and PM Beautiful, I'd have to keep scrubbing under my eyes over, and over and over and over! Even when using a facial cleanser. I'd get it looking clean and wake up the next morning with an entire new ring of black under my eyes -- almost as if I'd never washed it off the night before. And even after washing again, I'd sometimes still have the faintest bit under there that made it look like I had dark circles. It just does not remove well. 

I also use the Beautiful AM under my eyes when I'm going to be applying eyeshadow. One of the first things I do as I get up is rub the AM Beautiful on my face, but I'll add a little extra under my eyes if I'm going to use eyeshadow. 

Then, once I've applied it, all the fall-out (flecks of eyeshadow that land under the eyes and on the cheeks) can be swept right away in just a couple of swipes! It's a life-saver because I use a lot of colored eyeshadows, and black, so it tends to fall all over the place and then smear into black streaks on my skin! 


  • Beautiful decreases wrinkles, lines, enlarged pores and other marks. I've noticed significant change in the appearance of my entire complexion. I've noticed changes and imrpovements in the past when I would use some products, and after a week (two, maximum), things would turn around and it'd seem as if it stopped working! This has happened so many times that I couldn't count. Using the Beautiful oils makes it pretty impossible to not see improvements in your skin. 
For the very first time in so many years, when I wake up, my skin doesn't look awful. My pores don't look huge! I can hardly see the pores on my cheeks, chin and forehead, which has rarely been the case for me until now.

I used to scowl when I looked at my skin without some type of powder/makeup because I couldn't quite put my finger on the actual problem, but my skin and complexion in general just looked bad. When I took the photos I posted earlier in this post, I couldn't believe how decent my skin looked without any makeup on it.

 Today, I even considered not using powder on my forehead and cheeks at all. Hard habit to break, though. But my skin looks that much better. 

Also, this isn't nearly as important as the ingredients being natural, safe and totally effective, but I can't help but love the scent of the Beautiful A.M. and Beautiful P.M.! It's once of my all-time favorite scents in the world -- an orangey, clean and sweet scent. I love it. Orange is a refreshing aroma, and the sweet aroma combined with it is just perfection. It's a nice plus to using natural ingredients. And believe me, it smells nothing like artificial crap like Pledge furniture cleaner! 

The aroma isn't strong, but slightly noticeable. Once it absorbs (which is quickly), I won't ever notice the scent again, so it's not bothersome.


While the AM and PM Beautiful oils do, no doubt clear skin and improve basically everything about your skin, Trusted Health Products does mention that during the first 30 days, when the skin is just starting to detox, you might see some problems arise like breakouts. This hasn't happened to me so far. 

I think it just depends on how "congested" your skin is. What that means is, our skin collects junk over time from all the products we use and pollution and stuff. And most of the cleansers and things we use don't work to clean all the deeply stuck crap out. Yes, I know te drugstore soaps claim to "clean pores deeply," but have you ever seen your pores cleaned? 

I haven't ever seen or felt a deep cleaning from any drugstore product I've use. I have seen my pores truly cleaned though and it's a huge difference. You can't miss it if your pores are "deeply" cleaned. 

Beautiful does work to unclog everything, so that's why you can see problems before it begins healing. I have a theory that the reason it hasn't happened to my skin yet is because I've devoted my face to using only natural lotions and cleansers for the last year. That does not mean that I won't wake up with some decongesting of the makeup I've used over the years, though. I will report back with results as I go.



Okay, I understand that I never shut up and that I create very long posts, but please bear with me as I just can't help but include every bit of information that I can about something I really love, in hopes of helping inform and share with other people. 

Now that I've said that, I want to share something I recently learned from Trusted Health Products' website, and I really think this is extremely important for all of us to know. 

A lot of us know that skincare products can print lies on their labels. There's a lot of useful information to be learned in that area, though. Here is what I learned from the Trusted Health Products website and wanted to share:

"The cosmetic skincare industry is among the worst and least regulated in our entire society. They have almost total free reign to put whatever ingredient they choose into our everyday skincare products, with little to no regard for our health and wellbeing.

 Prime example: Lobbyists from the skincare industry have strongly opposed bills that would require them to notify the government before releasing products that contain ingredients that are known to cause cancer! Ingredients like parabens, petrochemicals and others have been associated with or linked to allergic reactions, skin conditions, hormonal disruptions, neurotoxicity, and even cancer (see our free report, The Poisons You Put on Your Face Everyday, where we expose the truth behind skincare ingredients that the industry doesn’t want you to know).



Bottom line: If you have to rub it in, your skin doesn’t want it, and it’s not good for your face."

How interesting (and disappointing) is that? I didn't know that if it requires rubbing in (as I sit here and recall, I believe every single moisturizer and cleanser I own and have used regularly requires massaging in the product!) It's good to know, though because it helps us make the best decisions for what will be helpful or harmful or do nothing for our skin.

* I highly recommend you click the link above in that paragraph I quoted from the Trusted Health Products website, the one titled "The Poisions You Put on Your Face Everyday" because it's very informative and interesting!


Now, here's a description about how the Beautiful products work (from Trusted Health Product's website): 

"The pure live botanical oils in Beautiful help to balance your face sebum because “oil dissolves oil.” One of the most basic principles of chemistry is that “like dissolves like.” 

Interesting! I didn't know this before. Learning more and more as I go.

 The best way to dissolve an over abundance of your face oils, a.k.a. “sebum”, is to apply something that is similar in composition – in this case, pure live botanical oils. 

" By using the right oils, you can cleanse your pores of dirt and bacteria naturally, gently and effectively, while replacing the dirty oil with beneficial ones extracted from natural botanicals, vegetables and fruit that can create the environment that helps to heal, protect, moisturize and nourish your skin."

Told ya it worked wonders for cleansing! I know when you first switch a soap for oil, it does not feel like cleansing, but you adapt quickly and once you do, and try using a soap on your face again, you'll be surprised at how dry and tight and dull it feels and looks.

 Trying to keep your skin’s chemistry in harmony on your own is an almost-impossible balancing act. But when you use nature’s pure live botanical oils, they help your facial oils to balance on their own, no matter what type of skin you have – dry or oily. Because your skin’s inner layer is made up of fat and collagen, Beautiful’s pure botanical oils are naturally absorbed after being applied to your skin. No rubbing in is required."
 

 

As said, you just barely swipe the Beautiful oils on your skin without needing to massage it in or anything. I use my clean fingers to do this because I feel like using a paper towel, tissue or cotton ball is just going to absorb the oils and end up wasting the product over time. And I certainly like that it leaves my fingers nice and smooth, too! When I accidentally use too much, I'll rub it on my cuticles a little for healthier skin there, too!

  This would actually make an amazing all-over body oil, but I'd hate to use it all there. Since it's thin (not overly thick) and doesn't stain, but is very moisturizing and beneficial for skin, it would certainly do a nice job for a leg/hand/feet and arm oil, too. I've considered adding a few drops to a natural moisturizer I use on my body.

***UPDATE ON MY RESULTS***

Today is the 19th (October, 2013). I posted this on the 7th of October & had been using the Beautiful products for, I think, a little over a week. I mentioned that the oils could cause some breakouts as it decongests skin and said that so far, I hadn't seen any, and that I figured maybe it could be due to my using natural products for so long that my skin may not react by breaking out.

I spoke too soon! I started seeing a lot of randomly placed breakouts 6 days ago. I was on my way to Panama and noticed a few strange breakouts on my face. Over the next few days, I was waking up with 2+ new zits! I had little clusters of small bumps all over my cheeks. A few around my nose as well, but nothing severe and thankfully, I've yet to have any large, painfully sore bumps.

Since I was on vacation in Panama this week (just got back tonight!) I just cut back using the oil as my face was looking awful and I really didn't want any extra zits at that point. Also, since the sun dries my skin out so badly when I'm spending days at the beach, I also slacked off of washing my face too much. I didn't want to use any soaps that would further clog up my face and cause the breakouts again once I went back to using the Beautiful oils, so I stuck to using only a 100% organic coconut oil soap on my skin, and I even skipped a couple of days of washing it with anything but water.

I've also slacked off of using any makeup on my skin, so that should make the process (now that I'll be back to using Beautiful since I'm home) less . . . pimpl-y!

The good news is, the breakouts started clearing up instantly once I stopped using these oils. And even though the breakouts were all over my cheeks (mostly just on the right side of my face, strangely enough), they didn't leave any marks or scars behind. They're completely cleared up now and my skin looks fabulous.

I should also note that I experienced one heck of a change in hormones this past week two. That could have contributed to some of the breakouts.

Well, I will update again as I go. Just wanted to put that in there.



To go into further detail about Beautiful's effective ingredients, here's the list of ingredients in both (and Trusted Health Products lists all the ingredients on the labels!)

A. M. Ingredients: 100% Pure Botanical oils of almond, orange, lemon, avocado and olive.


P. M. Ingredients: 100% Pure Botanical oils of almond, orange, lemon, evening primrose and apricot.

And here are some of the benefits of each of those ingredients:

 Almond: Moisturizes, relieves itching and dryness, soothes skin and gives it a glowing appearance. 

Lemon: A natural cleanser that prevents wrinkles and other aging signs. Increases the anti-oxidative potential of the skin bio surface (to help stop damage to the skin).

Orange: Another wonderful, effective cleanser with natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, helps fight acne and restores skin's smooth appearance.

Avacado: Contains beneficial Vitamins A, D and E. Increases the content soluble collagen in  skin to enrich dry, damaged, chapped or wounded skin.


Olive Oil:
(One of my favorite things for skin!) Olive oil is also a natural cleanser and moisturizer that has shown to have preventative effects for formation of skin cancers and tumors.

 P.S. And remember the queen I read about (queen of what, I do not remember) who claimed to use olive oil all over her skin, including bathin in it to keep herself "beautiful?" I like to remember that because it reminds me of just how powerful these natural ingredients are.

Evening Primrose: A great plant used to treat many problems, including external (on the skin) ones. Contains omega 6 fatty acids. It contains nutrients that improve skin's elasticity and are essential for cell structure. There's evidence that it can help reduce wrinkles and even help repair stretch marks.
 

Apricot Oil: A gentle moisturizer that soothes, firms and tones skin. It slows signs of aging. It contains Vitamins A  and E. 




 The manufacturer is willing to offer my readers one free bottle. They said they would love to have my readers try out Beautiful A.M. Moisturizer (for women) or You’re the Man A.M. Moisturizer (for men) and agreed to send one bottle FREE if my readers would pay a minimal shipping and handling charge. 

This is a one-time only offer. They also agreed to include 2 eye-opening reports – The Poisons You Put On Your Face Everyday and Why Your Skin Care Products Have Never Worked: The Truth Revealed .”  That’s a total value of over $40.00. Click here to get your FREE Bottle and FREE reports now!”

P.S.  Everyone that “Likes” Trusted Health Products' page on Facebook saves $5 on their first order! Here is their Facebook link.

 And please don't forget to check out their Natural Health Blog and Newsletter.

No comments: