Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Eternal Water -- Alakine water





As boring as you might expect a post about water to be, this is actually something I've been very excited to talk about.   

A few weeks ago I tried this water, which is called Eternal Water. I really planned and hoped to talk about this a week ago after I'd gone through 6 bottles of Eternal Water, but had some crazy happenings in my life and didn't get to until now.

Why is this such great news? Why is me drinking water worthy of writing about? Well, let me just tell you what Eternal Water is first.



Eternal Water is an awesome, awesome water with amazing health benefits because it's alkaline water, not your typical tap water. I've included photos of the water just for your information. I got a little photo happy so there are a few throughout this post, but hey! I get serious when there's something I fall in love with.



The special thing about this water, as I said is that it's alkaline. If you don't know why that's a good thing, I will share with you what I've learned & why I was originally attracted to Eternal Water in the first place. Instead of dragging this out into a very lengthy post, I will try to make it easy to read by using points and such, so bear with me because what I have to say really is informative.


  A pH  7.0 and higher is necessary in order for something to be alkaline. Eternal Water has a pH of 8.0. Anything under 7.0 is acidic, the opposite of alkalized.


 Alkaline water works kind of like antioxidants because it is able to counteract free radicals, and since it's in liquid form, it absorbs quickly. This would mean by drinking alkaline water, there's a big potential for anti-aging and even better, anti-disease!

I have also read that it may have the ability to help prevent cancer. I just don't know about studies on this and all that so I couldn't tell you where to go for proof, but it's just like with herbs and other natural healing methods -- of course there's no studies to prove it, but there are plenty of people that are living proof. For instance, remember my healing from years of severe, debilitating IBS & endometriosis and anxiety? You've read so much about my story through my healing process. So it's kind of like that in this case too -- you may not find scientific studies for proof, but there are people who are proof. And you may actually be able to find studies proving the benefits of alkaline water. I've not dug that deep yet because I drank it long enough to love it and didn't need to see any of that scientific proof.

Anyways, now that that's out of the way, more important things to be said about the effects of alkaline water:

  • - Alkaline water is a cleanser for the entire body and system. It cleanses the organs & most people love most the fact that it cleans the colon. This in turn means that it could help remove toxins and other harmful stuff built up in your insides. 

  • -Some of the reported effects of drinking alkaline water include being less suseptible to illness such as flu's, colds, sinus issues and even constipation and other digestive issues as well as other viruses like stomach viruses and even allergies.

  • -Alkaline water can be used for its beneficial skin properties. Drinking it is beneficial for the skin and using it to rinse your face and delicate skin areas can also result in improvement where acne and other skin problems are a concern. 

  • -From my experience alone, not the things I've found from research, but something I noticed after drinking Eternal Water was that my normally very dry, flaky skin was improving and I wasn't feeling the tightness from my dry face or seeing as much dryness after applying makeup every day. I've not read about this being a big effect, but I mean, if tap water clears your skin of acne and dryness, then I know alkaline water will do it for everyone else too.

I've also read that it's beneficial for skin in a lot of other neat ways too -- replace tissues and contribute to elasticity and that it can even aid in detoxifying your skin of impurities, causing smoother skin with less breakouts.

  • - We know that there have been studies to show that adequate amounts of water can in fact decrease your chances of cancers and diseases like colon cancer, so I imagine alkaline water can enhance prevention.

  • -And another huge favorite of mine: Alkaline water helps nutrients to be aborbed better! This is good because I've been working hard in this area and desperately need for the vitamins and nutrients I consume to be absorbed since I tend to be deficient in many of them, especially calcium. So this has been one big deal for me.

  • - If you've read about alkaline water, I'm sure you've read the benefits it has for someone trying to lose weight. It can help break down the fatty elements in foods and is even sufficient as an appetite supressant-- a natural one. 

  •  And if you thought there was nothing left to gain, it's also supposed to be good for joints and muscles because it's said to lubricate them, resulting in a prevention of injuries. I've read that people who suffer from arthritis use alkaline water for that. 

 I haven't actually read that this is possible, but I happen to think myself that the Eternal Water, being that it's alkaline and not acidic might be able to help with heartburn? I'm not making any claims here, but found my "thoughts" interesting enough to bring them up.

On Facebook, I also read where someone said they'd been drinking Eternal Water for 4 months and said "my health has increased." So it's really helpful to hear what others have noticed from drinking Eternal Water.

So that's a lot of benefits, even if you didn't benefit from one of those listed, I personally have felt like pH water (alkaline water) is very important for my health. And let me just go ahead and say, the price of Eternal Water is so low that even if you happened to be someone who thought alkaline water had zero benefits for your health, it'd still be worth a shot and at the very least, you'd have yourself the best tasting water to drink. I paid a $1.69 for a large single bottle of Eternal Water. The price does vary depending on where you're buying it. I've seen it in two different retail stores as well as online. One store sold it for .99 a bottle, which I think the bottle was a tad smaller than the last one I bought, which was large and costed a bit more. The 6 pack, I seen at one of those places for $4.95. So it's not expensive as you probably expected. Course the prices can vary at different stores, so these aren't any for-sure prices for what you will find, but that's the prices I have seen them for.

I'm not trying to say everyone should drink only alkaline water, but when reading some very negative things about people who believe alkaline water is good, I felt compelled to share everything I've learned. Eternal Water doesn't make those claims that I described. They're simply things I've learned and wanted to share. 

Eternal Water does improve cellular absorbtion and hydration, contains naturally occurring electrolytes and in their water, there is nothing added and nothing removed. This is very important when it comes to the water you drink. 

And did you notice how neat the bottle looks?! I know, I'm a sucker for neat looking bottles, but Eternal Water's bottles are BPA free, phthalates free and 100% recyclable! 

Eternal water does not contain any  fluoride! This is very important too! If you've read my posts about fluoride, you already know why you don't want it in your water (or anything, for that matter.) A lot of water comes with added fluoride and you should always look to be sure there's none! I won't even get into detail here on why we don't want fluoride because that would be off-topic and I have already written plenty about it, so most of you already are aware.

Now, I'll stop telling you the possible benefits & move on to tell you more about Eternal Water.

The very important part:
Eternal Water comes from protected underground springs (their own). "Our water's voyage takes it through layers of volcanic rock and sandstone to a vast underground aquifier. These layers of rock and sandstone provide a natural barrier from any environmental pollutants, providing a pure and uncontaminated source. The location of our rare springs have been carefully selected, ensuring isolation away from commercial and industrial pollution."


You can do some research for yourself and see that alkaline water that's naturally alkaline is said to be better for you than that that's not. Eternal Water is natually alkaline spring water, which is said to be the best source of water you can consume. While I'm on the subject, when  I first drank the Eternal Water, it reminded me of when we used to stop at this spring in Murphy's Hollow a few minutes away from my house, we would stop and drink the water from the hose there. It was such good water that a lot of people around here would do that often and even bring a container to take some home! The true spring water taste is definitely like nothing else and Eternal Water is the only water I've drank that tasted like that spring water to me.  I guess this could be because most bottled water labeled "Spring water" really isn't, but I did not know that until recently.

You can go on Eternal Water's website and see all kinds of very helpful information about their water. One thing I learned on their site was under the "Typical Analysis" section, it says their water has  7.8-8.2 pH. TDS: 100-110, although I'm not totally sure what TDS is, but I really thought that was a nice thing, to have a company really lay down how their water comes about and what the pH is and all that information that you never see on your average bottle water. It also says "Calcium: 25-29" that made me happy! As I said, I desperately try to work calcium into my diet as much as possible. Magnesium: 6-8, which is good too because you really need magnesium and it's important for bones and teeth and the absorption of calcium I believe. Once my herb-store lady told me that you should always be getting magnesium with calcium to prevent constipation, so I suppose that's another good thing! And potassium: 8-10.

How this works is, during the process of the water going through the layers of sandstone and volcanic rock (as described previously), and through pressurization, these minerals (calcium, magnesium and potassium) are naturally picked up. Eternal Water does not add artifical stuff to their water, it happens naturally, which is what you should look for when buying alkaline water.  

And on that same page on Eternal Water's website, you can even click to get their quality water report! If you're considering alkaline water, I highly recommend looking into Eternal Water and even reading their Quality Water Report. That alone speaks for itself. I would list the info here, but that would be very long, so you can view it yourself by going to this page and looking under their Water Chemistry report and then, you'll see "Quality Water Report" and you can click it to bring up the report.

I'll admit, when looking at Eternal Water's Quality Water Report, I didn't understand some of the words like heptachlor, but it's still worth checking out.

Taste

Of course I wouldn't skip talking about the taste! I already told you that tasting Eternal Water brought back memories of drinking our local spring water. It does taste like no other bottled water, and I was surprised because I'd heard it was great water that would definitely be something I loved, but I couldn't imagine it really tasting much different from the bottled water I've drank for years. 

Looking at the water, it even looks different from distilled, boiled or other bottled water. It looks thicker, if that makes any sense. It's so clear! You think your bottled water is clear? This is clear clear! And there aren't any floating particles. 

As for the taste, it's different for sure. It feels different going down too & I do wish I was making more sense, but I don't know how to explain it. It's smoother than other water.  It doesn't have a chlorine taste like a lot of water does. My mom tried it and she also said "it's so different." She really liked it too & in fact, bought herself a few bottles of it this evening.  

The first time I'd tried Eternal Water, it was in the 6-pack bottle. I noticed they're larger than your average bottle of water too. When I ran out of the 6 bottles, I bought some of the single, individual bottles. It's something I will keep drinking.

I had been using this water filter (Brita) and even had a water bottle with its own filter inside. I thought that was as good as it got, but I guess there's really nothing quite like Eternal Water because even the filtered water has nothing on that lovely spring, alkaline water. 

And yes, it does hydrate quickly and is very satisfying when you're thirsty. 

 





9 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool post. Where did you find the water quality report? I can't find it.

If you're interested in getting more calcium and magnesium keep lookin around because the amount in this water according to the report you looked at is kinda low. But I do like this water a lot

Admin1 said...

Avishek,

Yes, it's certainly not a multi-vitamin, that's for sure. It's just a a good way to help balance your body's pH. And of course the added health benefits, but you're correct -- it's not going to replace your entire daily needs as far as every vitamin and mineral goes.

Glad to hear that you like the water too! I have not been able to find this stuff in a while now (not in-store anyways). It's definitely one of the best tasting I've ever had. I love the fact that it is alkaline and healthy, but the taste is just the best! :)

Anyways, to answer your question... I linked to the page where you can view their water quality report... It has been a while since I posted this, so it could have been changed since then. Hang on & I'll check the link...

Looks like you're right -- their website doesn't seem to contain that link any longer. I can't seem to find it now either. Hmmm. Maybe emailing them would be the way to get your hands on the report, if you want. I am not sure why they would make it unavailable now unless it has something to do with the report changing, or maybe it's something that has to be re-"tested" every so often & they've taken the page containing the report down until it's updated? Just some thoughts. Doesn't make much sense to remove it, otherwise. I guess it's a possibility that they have to update it or change it & that's why it's removed. It has been over a year since I made this post.

If you'd like me to email and ask them about it, I will do so. If you want to email them yourself, their email address is located at the very bottom of the homepage.


Thank you for taking the time to read & comment. It's so encouraging to get comments like yours that let me know I am actually reaching people, and they're reading what I post. :)

Anonymous said...

where can I get it in Va

Admin1 said...

I'm not 100% sure what stores in VA carry Eternal water, but I've found it in TJ MAXX as well as a local Ingles, which is where I've been getting it lately (it's August, 2014 right now). It seems Eternal water is carried for a short time by some places, and then I won't be able to find it again, like TJ MAXX. So, it's hard to say, but here are some stores that tend to carry it: Albertson's (Don't know if you have one nearby. I know we don't.)

I'm not able to find any other sources right now, but I've contacted Eternal Water to ask them personally. I will get back to you with an answer as soon as they respond. ;) I left my question as a comment on their FB page (asking where to buy it in VA) so you can follow there if you'd like to see their answer as soon as they post it.

Thanks for reading & I hope you can get an answer to your question. :)

Admin1 said...

To the reader asking about where to find the water in VA -- I had a response from Eternal Water today. Here's their reply: "Hi Kendra, tell your reader that any local Whole Foods will carry Eternal Water and they also offer a 10% discount on cases purchased."

Hope this helps & I hope you are notified somehow of my replies to you. Since you commented under Anonymous, I have no way to get in touch with you personally. :/

Do you know if there's a Whole Foods near you?

Tiffany B said...

I actually love this water... When i first drank it I noticed instantly that my body felt ALOT different. The first day I drank it I was more alert than normal. When I fell asleep and woke up the next day, I did not feel sluggish or had the need to buy my daily Starbucks in the morning. This has been going on for about 2 to 3 weeks now. If this can help me not buy Starbucks and make me feel alert in the morning I need to invest in this stuff. Now, I know how everyone bodies are different but this was my experience.

Unknown said...

Wonderful surprise with this water. I was dealing with Tinnitus for 2 years, last year 2016, I wake up with no inner sounds I my Head!!!!

Admin1 said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. I'm very intrigued after reading that you woke up without tinnitus after dealing with a 2-year streak of it! That's impressive! I'll have to see if it helps my inner ear problems. It seems to be a sinus-related issue, but I've had an ongoing problem with my inner ear "popping" for years now. It isn't quite the same feeling as you get from just a change in pressure. I'll bend over or move my head the wrong way, or just sip through a straw and I hear a popping sound, then it feels similar to having an ear full of water. Gosh, it throws me off balance so bad and makes it difficult to hear. It's like trying to focus and hear from 6 feet under water! I've had some relief with accupressure massages I've recently started doing, but your comment has me curious to find out if maybe the alkaline water here could be helpful for my own ears, although it's not tinnutis. ;)


I hope you'll stay in touch and let me know if you experience any other new results while drinking the water. :)

Admin1 said...

Tiffany B:

Incredible results! I have heard/read a lot of people describe similar results as you -- increased energy, less pain, etc. I'm so glad you've been able to experience so many improvements. The more I learn, I find myself thinking that a lot of the results you get or don't get from things like this alkaline water might depend upon how nourished your body was when you began drinking it. This seems to be an important factor when it comes to other things, too, like supplements. For me, it seems like when I was very undernourished and deficient in most nutrients, I wouldn't see many improvements when I would start some new healthy supplement of any kind. I've come to the conclusion that if your body has at least a decent amount of the vital nutrients, then it seems like the results of something like this Eternal Water are more prominent. Not sure if it's just me or what, but I thought I'd speculate in regards to your comment about how everyone is different.

Anyways, many thanks for stopping by and sharing your awesome, inspiring experience! I haven't been able to find this water for a while, but I would love to start drinking it again and see if I can improve some of my current health concerns. :)