Translate

Saturday, January 15, 2011

eye shadow & bad hair

                              ~My PeArL Of The Day~






Bright metallic purple eye shadow! I love bright eye shadow and yes, sometimes I tend to over-do it lol. I find a way to fit this purple shadow & the green into my "beauty routine" once a week. They're the best colors, go on great! And I know you're thinking WTF DID SHE DO TO HER HAIR?! I WONDER IF SHE KNOWS HOW TERRIBLE IT LOOKS! Yes, I know! lol I had a horrific experience a couple of weeks ago at the salon. My hair stylist quit & I let this other girl do it & she totally jacked it up! She actually told me that she "hated my hair cut & would talk anybody out of it." All I needed was the back trimmed a half inch and she took the entire right side of my hair, picked it up & chopped about 3 inches from my scalp! So every bit of my hair on that side is only about 3 inches long. Then thank God I had those little strands that hide behind your ear tucked behind so she didn't get those & that's the little hairs you see that are actually kinda long.

Anyways, she kept bitching while cutting about how she hated my hair style/cut I explained that I didn't care & it got worse. She had already f'd it up, but I wasn't in front of the mirror (probably for a reason. I should've known when she turned the chair to face away from the mirror) so I didn't see how bad it was til she was done.

It was a lot worse than this. Seriously I had a mullet! I swear! And I stood up, looked in the mirror & went totally speechless. She walked to the register & I stood there in front of the mirror, mouth wide open. I tried to be quiet & not cry right there, but it had to be fixed. I NEVER speak up. I mean I just don't do it. But my facial expression gave it away so badly. She said with a blood red face, "Is something wrong?"
I said "Uh... no... Well, I hate to ask this & I'm so sorry, but you didn't trim the back & that's all I asked for. I'm sorry." That's not all that was wrong, my hair was awful & I couldn't tell her.

She was pissed. She didn't expect me to speak up probably because my B/F was with me & he has to tell people that I'm quiet & don't say what I really want. lol So he told her that so she'd know. 

 So she trimmed the back.
I kept holding tears back. I was shaking so bad.

Then she asked for the money. I stood staring in the mirror again & my b/f says "Oh my gosh! Are you OK? Do you like it?"

I said "Uh.. yea. Let's just go." But he knows me far too well.

b/f: "No! Were not going. I know you don't like it... Please don't cry. We'll fix it."

By this time, the girl was coming back to find out why I was still standing there.

I replied to b/f: "It's fine, it's just because my bangs were screwed up so it looks weird."
So clear that I was  lying. The girl kept asking to get paid so finally I jerked the 15.00 ($15 for a half inch off only the back of my hair. Usually only costs around 8-9) out of my purse & said here take it and started crying.

 I went to walk out when I heard "You made her cry! You knew she asked you to please not touch any hair but the very back. If it were up to me, you wouldn't get paid shit!"

Yes, the b/f actually said this to the girl!

So I ran out & had to walk through wal-mart like this b/c the salon is inside. I was humiliated. I kept my hands over it. When we got out the doors, an older woman was standing there ringing the bell for donations & she said "Oh sweetie! What happened to you?"

I said, at this point squalling "The girl cut my hair I only asked for a half inch off the back. I don't know what to do. It's awful isn't it?"

She was full of sympathy. Poor lady. She was precious & made my day. She went on & on trying to make me feel better, but admitted that "it was the worst cut she'd seen. Did a pro actually do that?"

We talked for a while & tried figuring out something I could do to fix it & she said I should go back inside & get money back. My tears were turning to icicles on my cheeks which made it even more humiliating.

The b/f is calling hair stylists & digging for change to give the sweet door bell ringer at 8PM standing outside wal-mart.

"Here! I found a dollar! You can have it," I said digging a dollar from my pocket. Then I ran off to the car. The sweet lady kept b/f behind talking about how to fix my hair.

20 minutes later, he returns to the car with my money. I was so thankful! That $15 was needed elsewhere. The sweet lady had told him to go back & get my money. I love that lady. So I felt better, but it didn't fix the crisis & believe me, had you seen it, you'd call it a crisis too.

So we sped to maxx & mia. They told me there was nothing I could do unless I wanted extensions. To me, that sounded like a lot of trouble & plus they're prices START at $28.00 & that's very high for only a trim.

So I decided I'd do the very best I could & dye it to try & blend it. I've finally found a tiny fix & it takes forever, but I have to style it for hours to hide the mullet/chili bowl.

Next day. I had to make a complaint with whoever is over that salon & I called another employee there that I know. She informed me that "the little bitch" called the police and made a report stating that I was in a gang and threatened to shoot her & a whole bunch of other crazy stuff! I was really shocked. The girl told me that the one who'd cut my hair has had a complain each time she's cut a person's hair. (She's new.) Why they didn't fire her for getting those complaints is beyond me.

I am not in a gang. I have never touched a gun in my life & wouldn't know how to threaten to shoot someone, much less know how to actually shoot! lol I mean seriously, do I seem like someone who's in a gang & shoots people who mess up my hair? No, I just hand over the money & cry! lol

Anyways, I don't know really how I got off on this story. Honestly I only planned to talk about eye shadow, but seeing my pic brought back the memory. lol Sorry.

Back to the eye shadow: Here's the green!

3 comments:

Kimberly Walker said...

I love crazy eyeshadows!
I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting... I am now following and I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
All the best,
Kim

Couture Carrie said...

You look gorgeous, darling!
Really fun eye makeup!

xoxox,
CC

Anthony J. Langford said...

Wow - that really is a crazy story. A lot of drama over a hair cut!
Glad you havent ended up with a mullet. lol

Sorry you had to go through that crap.

x