Translate

Monday, April 13, 2015

Easy 3 Minute Strawberry Smoothie


This smoothie is a great for "masking" the flavors of your daily extra protein powders, coconut oil, kefir, and chia seeds and stuff as it works well for masking virtually all of these things.

Grab yer blender, a few small-medium sized strawberries (leaves removed, of course), a half a banana, and some ice cubes and let me show you how I make a 3 quick 3-minute one-serving strawberry smoothie!

 First things first, my magnificent owl mug gifted to me from my equally magnificent mother. 

The owl cup, it's really a must for me, so go ahead and grab your own favorite mug before we start.

Now, the ingredients (for the exact easy smoothie like the one shown here) requires: 
3 small-medium sized strawberries 
Blender
About 4 ice cubes (or depending on how you like it)
A half a banana (or more if you like the banana flavor to be strong. I don't.)

Optional ingredients:
  • Sweetener of your choice. This is a pretty sour tart smoothie. Okay let's be honest, this baby is downright sour without sweetener! I used a tablespoon of strawberry ice cream, but vanilla works too. You can use  milk, a shot of creamer, or even honey or vanilla extract, if you prefer non-dairy.
  • Kefir

  • A teaspoon (or less if you're like me) of peanut butter
  •  A dash of orange juice for the extra Vit. C (preferably the real stuff)
 
  • A scoop of chia seeds or Mila seeds, which is what I had on-hand.
 
  • A teaspoon of coconut oil, for the extra health benefits
  • A scoop of hemp protein powder. (I used Manitoba Harvest's Hemp Pro, which I've reviewed here, if you're interested.)

  • A scoop of whey protein powder (I used Summit Nutritions' vanilla flavored pure whey protein, which I reviewed here.)







No comments: