Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Green Street Luxuries


Green Street Luxuries skincare

 
For the past week, I have completely changed my skincare routine & I wanted to share what I’ve been doing and the results with you guys. I want to start off by talking about my new skincare routine, and then I will go into detail about the specific products I have used and how they work (not all in one post.) I’m going to focus on one product for the time being though – a fantastic exfoliator from Green Street Lux. It’s called Organic & Natural Exfoliance Radiance and Facial Cleanser. This stuff is a God-send! 

P.S. You can also watch my video (will be published in a separate post title "Green Street Luxuries -- My New Skincare Routine) where I'll be speaking just a little about all the skincare products. Mostly, I did the video in case all this writing was too much for some of you to read through. It's just a brief little bit on each product and what I think, how it works, what it does, etc. 
My Old Skincare Routine was basically washing with a natural bar soap. The problem is that I have what I consider high maintenance skin and a simple bar soap just doesn’t do everything my skin needs. The bigger problem was that I’d tried a bazillion different products and none of them were helping! You guys know most of the products I have used because I like to share with you what I do, what works and what doesn’t. My biggest problem was, I’d get a facial cleanser or moisturizer or exfoliant or all and they would work nicely for the first couple of days, then my skin would go right back to having the typical problems, which I will describe below.

The Exfoliance Cleanser up close

What the cleanser looks like
The Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser has tiny grains in it, as you can see in the photo above, that help remove dead skin. 


My Skin Problems:
My skin is shiny on the “T-zone” area, right in the middle of my forehead, nose and chin. Then, the rest of my skin like a patch on my forehead and cheek is dry and flaky. This makes things nearly impossible because I always must use moisturizer because of the dryness and also because it’s a habit I like to keep since it can benefit my skin in the long run. Well, the moisturizers would always be too oily where my skin was oily! Most all of the cleansers I was using would leave my skin dry in some areas. Some of them even caused breakouts for me.

Another problem is a few small, but noticeable scars on my left cheek from a breakout a while back. I haven’t been able to get rid of those scars for the life of me. And then I have the breakouts on top of it all.

So if you have skin like me, you understand how stressful it can be! It’s a lot of work and you just can’t ever seem to use the right stuff.

Now that you know my own skin troubles, I will tell you what I’ve done for the past week to improve (drastically!) it.

I already drink lots of water and that is one of the only things that prevent my face from being even worse dry and even worse broken out. So we have that, and it’s important, but it wasn’t giving me results as far as acne and scars or the oily t-zone is concerned.
The first day, I use this exfoliator/cleanser on my face. I told you earlier, but will tell again – it’s called Organic  & Natural Exfoliance Radiance and FacialCleanser and it’s from Green Street Lux. I definitely needed to exfoliate and since I was just beginning an entirely new skin care regime, I figured the best way to start was by exfoliating well.
I had actually spoken with Candy from Green Street Lux and got some advice for my skin first. She took a look at my skin and told me exactly what I needed – which was really amazing! It’s hard to know what is best for your skin when there are so many products to choose from. She also told me what kind of routine I should be using (a life saver!) So here is what she came up with and this is the routine I’ve been following for a little over one week now:

Evening: wash with Tea Tree Soap (LOVE  this stuff!).
After shower, but before bed: Use a product called Stunning (I will explain how each of them work later.)

Candy also told me that your body heals in the first three hours of sleep, so this is why it’s important to use products that aid in healing before bed and not in the morning. Very helpful tip to know!

She also advised me to use the Acne Toner for spot treating acne.
Then the Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser. This is to be used twice a week.

Morning: Shea Butter Soap Wash.
Then after the Shea Butter Soap Wash, the Day Face Lotion.

So the first day I just used the exfoliator first, but then I followed the routine exactly as Candy advised, using the exfoliator only twice a week.

I was really excited to try this new routine & at this point, desperate enough to do anything. So I stopped everything I was doing/using before, including my regular moisturizer. As soon as I looked at the labels on the new skin products, I had no qualms tossing my old crap. The label that lists the ingredients on all the products I was about to begin using was so exciting. Tea tree oil and all sorts of really amazing herbal and natural ingredients only. I knew from looking at the ingredient list that these were going to be great because I’d known the benefits of some of the ingredients listed. Moving on though. I will get to that in a moment.

How To Use The Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser
After applying the Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser, you leave it on for 5 minutes, until it’s dry. Then, while in the shower, use circular motions to exfoliate the skin. So I did this, massaging well all over my face. Then rinse. Pretty simple, and before I even had it all rinsed off my face, I noticed such soft, silky-ish feeling skin! 

After the Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser, I used the Day Face Lotion, which also has fabulous ingredients. This made my skin even softer.

After my very first use of the Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser, I noticed less of those tiny black heads that tend to hang out on my chin and nose and are such a pain! I also had tiny bumps on my chin that wouldn’t really have anything come out when squeezed, and these were not on my chin after the first use of the exfoliating cleanser. 

Ingredients in Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser:
Water, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Jojoba Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient), Ceteareth-20 (emulsifier), Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Pineapple and Papaya extracts, Rose, Lavender & Tea Tree Grains, Sunflower Seed Oil, Shea butter, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Glyceryl Monostearate (preservative & thickener), Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, .Phenoxetol (preservative), Vitamin E, Sodium Citrate, Carbomer (thickener)

The Exfoliance Radiance Cleanser is:
  •  Vegan
  • Safe for all skin types
  • Paraben, SLS and Gluten-free!
  • Contains amazing, beneficial ingredients such as organic papaya extracts, pineapple and  more.
  • Contains coconut oil, which is healing for skin and leaves is very soft, smooth and moisturized. Coconut oil also anti-ages.
  • Leaves skin super clean and smooth and very soft!
  • Reduces the look of my enlarged pores & ahem... blackheads.
  • Contains  ultra-fine exfoliating Organic Lavender, Rose & Tea Tree grains and a blend of pineapple and papaya extracts - nature’s enzymes that will gently slough off dull skin layers and remove impurities.


               The green bar of tea tree anti-septic soap I talked about in the video:







No comments: