Translate

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Pearl Of The Day - Shunga!


My precious readers, I have something amazing to share with y'all. Ready?

 The cute little tin can you see in the photo is Shunga's Lotus Flower Oriental Bath Crystals. These are not your typical bath salts! 

This lovely set includes a pound and a half tin full of green crystals, a sea shell for scooping them out and a scented floating candle. 
If you look at the picture, you can see a little charm dangling from a red ribbon. The charm dangles outside the lid so you can wiggle it around and pop the lid off. When you're done, you can reaseal it! That little extra detail was so neat to me. 


In the photo above you can see the cande sitting in the sea shell and the charm with ribbon used to open the tin and the green crystals safely put in a plastic bag so there's no chances of spilling. The bag is secured and once it's in your posession, you can untie it and dump the crystals in your tin. Lovely tin!

I opened the tin and wow! The Lotus Flower scent was there and a little strong. I prepared for a migraine and some seriously irritated allergies. Not because it smelled bad, but because it was very scented and usually anything like this will tear my sinuses up. I loved the scent though so I had to risk it. I let it sit out on my dresser, lid off to lightly scent the house. I had already gotten some medicine for a migraine I was sure would pop up. To my surprise, it never happened! I didn't sneeze, my nose didn't tickle. Nothing. Nothing, but the most pleasant, relaxing and clean scent!

I am still shocked that this was so gentle on my sinuses, especially since I already have a cold right now. I took a bath with them and I actually keep them open in my room for the nice scent! 

The scent is clean, kind of like the linen scent, but it smells of much better quality than those candles you buy. To my sensitive nose, It's kind of strong when I sniff it directly, but it's not over powering any. It's a little perfumey. The candle smells the same and it's just wonderful! Leaving it in my bathroom, the scent will linger subtly throughout the house. This is a great candle to light right after cooking salmon! 

You can use the candle to float in a jacuzzi or anywhere you want just as long as you keep an eye on it. It's a very long lasting candle.

THE BATH CRYSTALS
The lovely green crystals are made with Dead Sea Salt which is amazing for the skin. I use sea salt in a bath, for facial scrubs, food, etc. It's great for healing cuts and stuff. 

Anyways, I've used tons of bath salts and crystals and they've never really been all that great. They're just something that looks nice on a shelf and makes a good, cheap gift. So I wasn't expecting any softening properties or anything more than a scented bath from Shunga's Oriental Bath Crystals. I poured in about a handful and my water turned neon green! That is when I really fell in love. I was just thrilled over that. 

The crystals made my skin instantly feel silky. Once I felt them melting all over me, I was expecting a very oily residue left on me, but they actually left me super soft. The scent doesn't really linger much on my skin which isn't bad and some people would really like that about these.

The Oriental Bath Crystals are amazing! The scent and pretty neon water plus the soothing, soft skin they give you make these the perfect solution to a stressful day... believe me! They're also a nice way to relax when you're sick. 

INGREDIENTS:
Sodium chloride, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Carthamus tinctorius, Prunus dulcis. 

Pretty nice ingredients! No parabens or nasty, harmful things listed. Glycerin can cause yeast infection to those who are highly prone to them, but a dash of these crystals shouldn't hurt at all. They didn't irritate me in the least. 

The Oriental Bath Crystals aren't something I normally would get all excited about, but they're so darn amazing I can't help but rave about them. Ever since I've gotten some products from Shunga, my mouth does not stop running! Shunga this, Shunga that! Lol. I absolutely adore this company! There's nothing like them!

There's another thing I need to rave about. As you see in my photos of the bath crystals, Shunga does not have vulgar text all over their products packaging and I've never seen nudity. There is a cute cartoonish couple on their packaging, but it's not tacky or distasteful at all. I actually am highly fond of the way they package their products. Shunga is the most unique company. Nothing I've tried is cheap or poorly made. Clearly, there is a great deal of passion in these products and care as well. I guess the name Shunga Erotic Art is suitable! 

With such gorgeous products and artistic packaging, these make the best gifts ever! From now on, the gifts for my family and friends will definitely be Shunga! Can't resist!

If you purchase from Shunga, you'll notice even the leaflets of information included with the products are detailed and designed artistically. I'm so impressed with everything! You'll be hearing much more about Shunga from me!

No comments: