Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

RZO Kava Drink for Relaxation

When life hands us lemons, stressful individuals don't always know where the hell to even find the pitcher to make the lemonade in. Forget trying to make the lemonade! Stress is huge. It can be overwhelming, and add a dose of fear to the mix and then you get anxiety. Then you're really a mess and at this point, why even bother with the blasted lemonade. You need something stronger.






Image source: Holistifit.com


I don't know about you herbal-lovin' fellas but I've taken a big interest in Kava lately. I have been dealing with more stressful events than I have in years. If ever, all at once. It was beyond overwhelming and I was getting lost. Usually, things let up and you get going and move on. Back to normal. But when the crap just keeps piling up (you know, those times when as soon as you fixed the first huge stress, you run into another one, then before you even fix it, another one has hit you in the head like a ton of bricks) it's easy to lose yourself. And your mind. 

That is how I was feeling.

And as always, when I start having trouble in any area, I look to herbs to help out. This time, it was clear that these stressful events were not going to clear up quickly, and neither was my mind. I wasn't even feeling like me. So, I done some research and started considering trying a few different herbs, one of them being Kava to help take the edge off while I am battling with these recent events. 

Basically, I've desperately needed to just calm the F down.


That is what lead me to relaxation in a can -- a very tasty way to relax, too I must say.

Thankfully enough, after hearing about RZO Kava, I was able to get a few to try out, and they just so happen to arrive here a day or two before we were leaving for vacation! Perfect time to relax! Kava also reduces anxiety, as well as other things that I will discuss near the bottom.

So, I hauled a couple of these babies with me, and I actually had the most wonderful time ever. The best vacation I have ever had. Not only because of Kava, but it sure did help to keep my mind at ease, which is usually the part that makes a vacation stressful for me -- my dang mind!





Now, you know what the RZO Kava drink does if you've read this far -- it relaxes you. I've experimented with this awesome tasting Kava Beverage a little bit this week to see what works best for me, personally and I will share my experience and my partner's with you. Then, I'll discuss more about Kava -- the active ingredient in RZO Kava Relaxation Drink.

TASTE
After doing a little research on Kava, I waited until I was in the bed at  the hotel we stayed in in Panama before I popped open the can. I was expecting an herbal, somewhat icky taste, but RZO Kava actually has a very, very pleasant taste. In fact, I found it hard to put it down, even once I got to the point of total relaxation. This is the same thing that happens each time I open one!

RZO Kava has a very citrusy taste -- the ingredients include orange juice, apple juice,  lemon juice and lime juice, so that would explain why.

I didn't taste much of the apple juice, but the orange is what stood out to me most. It doesn't taste like Sunny D or Tang -- and is not as thick as either, and far more delicious than both. It's thin, slightly tangy, but refreshingly sweet. Perfect.

I haven't noticed any herbal taste except for when I drank a RZO Kava drink at room temperature, and it was very subtle.

 The can says it's best when chilled, and that's true. The taste is a little more pleasant when chilled, but it's not bad at all when at room temperature, either.

What It Makes Me Feel Like
 Now that's what you want to know, I'm sure. Kava is no joke. It can cause a "mild state of euphoria." 

I knew that prior to drinking it, which was one reason I wanted to in the first place, but I really wasn't sure what to expect from the RZO drink

I figured since I am a bit sensitive to herbs and drugs that have sedative effects, I would feel relaxed at the least. Perhaps sensitive isn't the word. I sleep easily, though and do feel tired easier than others when I take things like herbs with sedative effects. Heck, I'm the only person I know who gets tired from taking MSM! It gives other people energy. Not me. Note: I don't have ADHD or ADD or anything like that, just easily tired, I guess. I really don't know how Kava would effect someone with ADD or ADHD, but I do think it would relax even them, at least a little bit.

Okay, moving on. 

The first time I drank the RZO Kava Relaxation drink, I was already very tired from the 8-hour long trip to Panama. So I crashed right to sleep quickly, without even fully finishing the drink. It put me in a really quickly relaxed state, though, which I wasn't totally sure would happen given the pressure and stress I was feeling prior to leaving.

Since I was already in the bed, reading a book on my kindle as I drank the RZO Kava, and especially since I fell asleep so soon, I didn't pay much attention to anything but how tired and relaxed all over I felt.  My limbs felt heavy, and like they did not want to move, even if I wanted to. I wouldn't say I felt anything like paralysis, though so don't worry. It is not that intense. Just super relaxing. 

In fact, the first night I tried the Kava drink, my partner told me that I had my Kindle rested on my thighs and was sleeping, and would quickly open my eyes and start trying to read again, then fall right back asleep! He's been joking with me ever since saying it looked like I was thinking "must read! Must read!"  I thought this was kind of funny because I didn't remember ever opening my eyes back up.


                                                                                                 The 3rd night we were there, he said I was smiling really    big in my sleep -- so I this stuff must've been helpful for increasing my mood from stressful to happy.

    Image source: kelihasablog.wordpress.com   Me after drinking RZO


Oh, and due to this extra stress (and my years long battle of endometriosis and IBS on and off) I was feeling a lot of stomach problems around this time. So, I was of course worried that they'd be a bother to me on our vacation. The first night I drank it and laid down, I told my partner that it seemed like it calmed my stomach, too, even though I'd felt icky and bloated all day. The next day, my stomach was calmer than it had been in 2 weeks. 

I was right about it being the RZO Kava drink that soothed my stomach because later, I looked into it and read that it actually helps with stomach discomforts! It only gets better and better. It's also helpful for headaches (something else I deal with regularly), arthritis, infection, asthma, etc.

Note: I really haven't paid much attention to whether or not RZO Kava has improved my migraines, but I've been using it as well as a host of other supplements and have experienced less of them in the last month. I can't say if it's the Kava or not, though. But I'm happy to have some relief either way. I'm absolutely positive it would be relieving for a mild headache, though! Especially a tension one, considering how un-tense and great I feel when I drink RZO. I would pretty much bet on it bringing some relief to mild headaches. I'll try it next time I have one.

The other times I drank the RZO Kava drink, I was able to finish the can before passing out -- being back home made it easier. I really enjoy drinking RZO Kava Relaxation when I'm in bed reading a good book on my Kindle -- not that I'll remember what I read the next day, but it's enjoyable at the moment! Ha. Ha. No, the RZO drink won't make you drunk-like or cause you to lose memory really (I don't think), but being so tired and relaxed does slightly have this effect on me. 

Some nights, the effects of the Kava are way more intense feeling than others. For instance, last night, I crashed big time. I finished the drink and grabbed my Kindle planning to read, but before I even unzipped the Kindle from its case, I must've fell asleep because I woke up with it beside me -- never even taken out of the case or turned on! I sleep hard and well when I drink these, too. So that's one big positive about the RZO Kava drink -- those who have a little trouble sleeping well or staying asleep will benefit greatly from this! 

And those of us who do sleep decently, but are tense or un-relaxed in our sleep benefit just as well because it causes your body to fully relax, including the mind, which was my biggest problem. I can sleep, but my jaws and other parts are so tense I often wake up with them aching! I also sometimes sleep less well because my mind is still going like I am awake. RZO Kava has been more useful than anything for this, including sleeping aids and even high doses of melatonin.

Another effect I have noticed a couple of times is that I will feel just ever so slightly... high. High really is not the word for it because it's not that intense, but definitely sedated. Definitely. It's a good drink for someone who doesn't need super strong meds to conquer insomnia, but for someone who just needs extra boosts relaxing and sleeping well. 

Of course you don't have to drink RZO right before sleeping, but I prefer to since it would certainly make me less useful any other time of the day! As the can says, it may impair your ability to drive or operate machinery -- totally agreed. I don't think I would drive long distances after drinking a whole can of this stuff. Not if I am already tired.

It's not quite as strong as say Kanna to me, but the next best thing. With Kanna, the relief I notice in my mind and muscles is almost instant. With RZO Kava, it's very similar. If you've ever taken small doses of Kanna or perhaps felt a sedative effect off of Valerian root, this is somewhat a similar effect as RZO Kava.

The can does say "it chills you out, it calms you down, it gives you a buzz..."

My partner and I both agree with those statements. I personally would say the "buzz" is very minimal, though. I mean, I have noticed it on most occasions where I've drank a can of RZO, but not anything like what you'd expect from marijuana -- not that I am endorsing that or anything at all. Just trying to give you a good idea of what RZO Kava makes some people feel like. 

As I said, I sleep nice and hard when I've drank RZO. The only times I've woken up throughout the night is when I have a big, huge urge to urinate -- I can't even swallow my own spit before bed without having to go pee in the middle of the night!

I was surprised it was able to calm me and my spinning mind down so much, so that part alone makes RZO Kava a must for stressful times.
My Partner's Experience with RZO Kava Relaxation

My partner drank an RZO Kava a while after having a beer and said "when you drink that RZO stuff, does it F you up?" Apparently, pairing it with alcohol does increase the effects, and for him, quite drastically. 

He has serious trouble sleeping. I'm talking this guy wakes up a million times a night. He's uncomfortable in every way when he sleeps -- no matter what mattress! And RZO Kava helped knocked his hiney out for a full night's sleep.  He said he felt a big buzz, although he'd only had one beer.

He loves the RZO Kava, as do I. The sleep is incredible, and we always welcome good sleep!

It's funny, on RZO's website, it says even "die-hard Red Bull fans" will enjoy RZO. It's funny because my partner is the perfect example of this! He really is a die-hard Red Bull fan. I'm serious. You guys really have no idea. He is one of those! Ha Ha. And he loves Kava -- a drink that does the opposite of what Red Bull does. 

As for me, I am not that much a fan of the Red Bull stuff considering what it was originally created for (I encourage you to go look that up! You will be very shocked, if you don't already know) and because of the effects of those awful ingredients.  I do have a couple of sips of his every once in a while, so I'm a bit guilty of it, too! That's a post for another day, though.


P.S. There is no crash or hangover after drinking RZO Kava. None that we have noticed, anyway. We both wake up feeling just fine. Something to note though -- we both take these trace mineral drops (in our water) and it seems to combine with RZO Kava to increase deep sleep when we've been using the mineral drops and drinking RZO Kava. Not sure if there's anything to it, but it was interesting that we both did notice something of a difference. 

Brief summary on What Kava Does:

Obviously, it relaxes you, calms your mind, reduces stress, pressure and can help with depression. It also reduces muscle tension and has a sedative effect. 

Besides that, and despite Kava being an herb that makes you relax, it actually promotes mental clarity and patience, says RZO. No wonder I felt so engaged in my reading on the nights I actually stay awake long enough to read!

Another interesting thing about Kava -- it can help with fatigue! It does make you sleep better, but something about it also is supposed to help with fatigue. I figure since using it before bed helps you sleep so well, it makes sense that you'll feel less fatigued throughout the day. 



I encourage ya'll to visit RZO's "About Kava" page and read what all they have to say on it. It's very interesting, and I'll include a bit of it here. 

Something I read on their "About Kava" page that really stood out to me, something I think would be good for all to know this quote:


“Your head is affected most pleasantly. Thoughts come cleanly.
You feel friendly…never cross…You cannot hate with kava in you.”
-Tom Harrison, Savage Civilization, 1937



Kava has been used for over 3,000 years to improve relaxation while not messing with mental clarity. This is what I love about Kava! There's no hazy-mind or hangover-like side effects. It's like you've naturally been relaxed like never before. Not like a drug-induced relaxation, if you have ever experienced that. Kava is far more pleasant. 

Kava also leaves you with an overall sense of well-being -- something else to praise Kava for as other things do not do this. OTC sleeping meds are nothing compared to the pleasant effects of Kava. They don't make you feel good like Kava does. 

As I said earlier, Kava also reduces anxiety, helps you let loose a little bit (not like you would with alcohol), relieves soreness and tightness in the muscles. 


It's also been said that Kava helps people communicate with others better. Besides being helpful for anxiety and stress, it also is a diuretic, and helpful for urinary issues, too. 


The diuretic part means you may have to take a trip to the bathroom before going to bed if you've drank RZO right before, like me. It helps to go right after I have the RZO, so I can sleep through the night.




RZO Kava Relaxation contains no alcohol, no caffeine, and no added sugar! These are good because I don't really care to drink alcohol these days. I just don't feel it like I used to, and really don't need it. Kudos to RZO for not throwing in added sugars! One can contains 100 calories, if you care. 

More benefits of drinking RZO Kava:

RZO Kava contains 1800 IU of Vitamin A, 30 milligrams of Vitamin C. 15 milligrams of Polyphenols.

115 milligrams of Kava extract (an effective-for-most dose, which is a big positive because a lot of companies slap a word like "relaxation" on a beverage, yet the amount of active ingredient is so low that it does little good. More points to RZO for putting in a great amount of Kava.

If you look at the full list of ingredients, you just might be as impressed as I was. RZO contains natural flavors and has not added in any harmful, crappy ingredients. RZO contains 80% juice.

Ingredients list:
Orange juice, apple juice, lemon juice, lime juice, water, juice concentrates, water, natural flavors, Kava Extract, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), Stevia, Reb A Blue California, Oxyphyte Natural antioxidant apple powder extract and apple juice powder, beta carotene (for color.)

Note: The last ingredient, Beta Carotene -- that is what gives the RZO drink its light orange color.

Who is RZO?

RZO is the company that manufactures RZO Kava Relaxation. They are a Hawaii- based company who has obviously done their research and created a tasty drink that is effective in helping people relax as well as calming the mind. I. am. Impressed. 

Safety of RZO:

If you're like me and like to do your research before consuming something new, you're in luck because RZO includes a good bit of information to questions like these concerning their Kava drink. 

On their website, it says
"RZO is very safe. Kava is not addictive, there is no tolerance build up, and the FDA could find no link between drinking kava and any medical conditions. In addition to the kava, the ingredients are all-natural."

Kava also hasn't shown any damaging effects to the liver, unlike alcohol. I think it could be a really fantastic alternative for someone who drinks often and wants to cut back. 

I could be wrong, but I was a somewhat heavy drinker years ago -- not an alcoholic, but I overdid it any chance I got, which was often. That is why I make the statement that it may be possible to help those who want to cut back on alcohol. I would've found a Kava drink like RZO to be very useful back then. 


On their "About RZO Page" you can read a lot of interesting information and answers to questions, including the safety of Kava and how the company began.


No comments: