Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dromias -- Natural, Effective Sleep Aid


Dromias is a natural, herbal-based supplement from
Vianda Life. The active ingredients in Dromias have all been proven effective, and many of them have other health benefits that come along with them. 

Vianda Life products are nothing short of incredible, to me. Each one, including Dromias has been obviously created with careful research and understanding of the effects of different herbs in mind. And that's coming from my own words, not theirs. This is my opinion after using them. I'm really ecstatic to have found a company that offers a natural way to get some peace and sleep. And I'll tell you, I've never in my life gotten such peaceful sleep like I have with Dromias. Yep. Never thought I'd say that either! I expected a small sedative-like effect. I'll explain more momentarily.

Now I have tried several products from this brand and I have been absolutely stunned and satisfied with each and every one of them. They have provided me with results like nothing I have ever felt before! I will explain. In upcoming posts, you will read about the other products I mentioned. For now, we're talking Dromias baby!

For now, let's talk about the active ingredients in Dromias.

-Valerian  A mild, natural sedative. Helps with nervous tension, insomnia. There are clinical studies  that have shown Valerian's effeciacy in treating sleep disorders. It has been used in the treatment of heart palpitations, gastrointestinal spasms, epileptic seizures, nervousness, headaches, trembling, distress, ADHD, etc.

Valerian  has a pretty impressive history as a medicinal herb. For instance, in England during WW2, it was used to relieve stress of air raids.

- Passion Flower Extracts   A  natural sedative and mild tranquilizer with antispasmodic properties. It's most popular use is to treat insomnia and anxiety. This is great for people who have spasms that keep them awake or those of us who have dealt with/or are dealing with IBS and similar digestive issues that cause painful colon spasms.

Passion Flower  is also used to treat  neuralgia, epilepsy and withdrawal syndromes from opiates or benzodiazepines.
  
A small pilot study found passionflower, when used  for generalized anxiety to show comparable efficacy to oxazepa. 

Passionflower can also be used to enhance the effects of St. John's Wort (an herb used to help with mood disorders, PMS, depression, etc.)


-Lemon Balm   Lemon Balm has calming effects. Studies have shown that Lemon Balm helps promote relaxation and sleep and reduce anxiety, when taken in combination with Valerian.

It has been used to relieve stress, anxiety, to promote sleep, heal wounds, lift spirits, treat bites/stings, help with pain and discomfort such as gas, bloating, colic symptoms and more, improve apetite. It may have antibacterial properties.

-Melatonin  A naturally occurring substance, produced in the brain to regulate sleep at night, and daily activity during the day.  Taking a melatonin supplement helps trigger sleep.

P.S. The melatonin is kind of "activated" when you're in the dark. I learned this when I was desperately trying to sleep using a regular old 3mg melatonin supplement in the past. So, for quicker falling asleep, it helps to be in the dark.

I don't always sleep in the dark, so I like that Dromias doesn't require it in order to put you to sleep.

P.S. For added relaxation:
 If you own a salt lamp (a Himalayan rock salt lamp) and are using Dromias to try and get some peaceful, relaxing rest, then I highly recomend turning off the lights, and turning on the Himalayan salt lamp! It has been one of the most relaxing, peaceful experiences I've ever had. It feels so great to just be in the dark room, lit only by the soft glow of the salt lamp (which have their own amazing health and stress-relieving benefits, which is why I recommend combining the lamp with Dromias) after Dromias kicks in. I like to fight the sleep a little so I can just lay there and relax. I didn't realize how long it's been since I really have truly felt relaxation!

Course I get the urge to read when I felt so relaxed. I use my Kindle when I can stay awake to read a book while I wait for the effects of the Dromias to really get to me.




My Experience with Dromias (and how it compares to other sleep aids I've used)

Normally, I tell you everything there is to know about a supplement before I share my own experience with it, but for Dromias, I must share now. If you don't read the useful information I've included on its ingredients, their effects and how it works, then this is the part I hope you will read.

To start off, I'll admit to ya'll that I am pretty positive there is not a single sleep aid or sedative in the world that I have not tried at least once. I cannot think of a single OTC sleep aid or rX that I haven't used before, but never for long periods of time. I have even tried all of the active ingredients in Dromias except Lemon Balm, on their own. I'll tell you the differences...



I've tried a melatonin supplement (even in somewhat high doses) in hopes of helping get better sleep or sleeping at all. I've had "spells" for a very long time where every once in a while I will not be able to sleep for an entire week except for about 4 hours exactly every night. It's strange, I've never figured it out, and it kicks my butt for weeks when it happens. I am someone who requires 8 hours at minimum of sleep each night! I can skate by on 7, but any less and I don't do so well.


  

Besides that one freakish week I experience every once in a while, I don't have trouble going to sleep. In fact, I go to sleep much quicker than the average person. My problem is I tend to be really tense in my sleep and not relaxed. It often feels like I am awake throughout the entire sleep, although I am actually asleep. I wake up with migraines often because of it.

Anyways, so I tried a plain melatonin supplement for a while with no results. It would help just a little, but would not by any means put me to sleep, make me relax during sleep or keep me asleep. I can stay awake on it usually without a lot of trouble.

Then I went back to something stronger -- Unisom. It did the trick, but still no relaxed sleep and using OTC or rX sleep aids never do give me the feeling of having had good, peaceful sleep after I wake. So I figured this was just how it would be for me. And then I met Dromias and holy mother of pearl! I told my partner after my very first time taking it "I don't think I ever knew what real sleep was. Ever!" It felt like something completely different than the sleep I'm used to. I even rushed to my phone to tell my friend, who's the biggest insomniac I've known -- I actually think she could hold a record. She's gone 5 days without a wink of sleep! -- about them. I don't know yet if she's gotten the chance to try them, but she promises to share her results, too, when she does.

                                  Moving on to my experience...
This could sum it up! (Image source: www.wallpapertemple.com)

I took one Dromias (I don't think I'd ever wake up if I took more! Kidding) right as I got in bed. I was expecting little more than what I get when I take a melatonin supplement. Until I woke up with a cat, a dog and a Kindle all on top of my chest. I shoved the farm off me and made a trip to the bathroom thinking wow, where the heck have I been? This was my actual thought. I've never experienced anything like it. It was the deepest, most peaceful, relaxing sleep I have ever had in my life. I also felt like the Dromias kicked-in almost instantly. It was very fast, and the other few times I've taken Dromias, I have noticed the same thing, but sometimes, it's less intense and I am able to hold myself awake for a short time (enough to read a page or two in a book.)

Dromias May be Helpful For Stomach Discomfort (like colon spasms) 

 While Dromias is a natural sleep-aid, I really think it also has impressive benefits for some digestive system discomfort. Ya'll know the long, hard battle I have had with that type of thing (IBS, candidiasis, endometriosis, PMS), and I have noticed some easing of stomach discomfort when I take Dromias. Since 2 of the ingredients (Valerian and Passionflower) are known anti-spasmodics, Dromias could actually be a good supplement for those of us who have sleep troubles and for moderate stomach discomforts such as spasms. This also means other spasms could be relieved from using Dromias, not just colon/digestive types.


A lot of Details about My Weird Sleeping Habits

Taking Dromias was  the first time in years that I have slept and not been able to remember my dreams or slept without having this strange sense of actually being awake. As I said, that's common for me. I'll even be active in my sleep. I don't mean sleep-walking, but I'll be mindfully doing activities like writing a story, working, knitting, etc. Even reading in my sleep! It's insane. It cannot be normal, but it happens to me all the time. I've even been able to get to that point of being between sleep and awake and it's like I'm reading straight off a page. The words never make sense and they're never words I actually know, but I'll follow them just like I am awake.

This weird sleep crap has confused me for so long that I looked into it -- no answers. So I decided I was going to try and recall these words I was "reading" in my sleep in hopes of finally getting some rest. I have tried multiple times, and came really close, but after fully waking, I can't even think of the letters in the words I "read." Only once was I able to -- I'd gotten woken up by the dog and was still mid-sleep when I got up. So I was "reading" this word and since I woke up, I kept telling myself to remember it, or even wake all the way up and write it down. I never made it that far, but when I woke up for good, it drove me insane. The word "horus" kept sticking in my head, but it wasn't "horus" I was "reading". I even got so crazy I looked it up as well as multiple different spellings and found nothing.

 Bottom line:  If you're anything like me, then Dromias will bring you some seriously great rest. 

So, there's some of my weird sleep background. And here's the rest of my experience and how I felt when taking Dromias:

I didn't remember anything except for the moment before I fell asleep, when I used Dromias. As I said, I woke up thinking "where the heck have I been?" It was pure, uninterrupted, dead-to-the-world sleep. And this is coming from someone who's taken Klonopin, Seraquil, etc. Those have nothing on Dromias -- not as far as waking up and feeling like you've actually slept and had a sense of peacefullness goes.

They put you out alright, but you wake up feeling just as groggy and foggy and fatigued as you did before you went to bed.


(Image source: www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk )

That is what has always bothered me about taking any kind of sleep aid. Even OTC's do that to me. Unisom makes me wake up with a migraine. Every. Single. Time. The other ones that are in syrup form make me wide-eyed and shaky. And Tylenol PM (as well as all the other PM's like Advil) make me feel like I'm carrying around 10 pound weights on each limb -- including my head, my ears, and my fingers!

 Dromias does not make me feel strange after I've slept it off. And it doesn't require 12 hours of sleep to recooperate like OTC's and prescription sleep aids do. I was pretty darn out of it, and it's likely that it would have taken a lot to get me up, but after a good 8-9 hours, I'm up and going.

 I don't feel any left-over effects from the sleepy herbs, which makes Dromias perfect to me. If anything, I feel happier and good about doing my daily routine. I felt like I was happy to be starting the day. I don't always feel that way, so it's a lovely effect of those little Dromias.

What Dromias Does, In A Nutshell:

Obviously, Dromias will help you get to sleep quickly, sleep deeply and for a decent amount of time. However, it's also possible that taking Dromias can help promote your body's natural sleep pattern. Instead of having to rely on a drug or OTC product just to sleep every single night, Dromias helps put your body and sleeping patterns back in order. I don't have to take them every single night -- although I'm not an insomniac -- but even people who would need a pill just to sleep each night could probably even notice benefits in their own natural sleep patterns.

Why I Love Dromias
Besides the fact that they're the most amazingly effective sleeping aids I have ever tried, there are several other reasons I am in total awe with the product:

- They are non-habit forming. Not addictive.
- Even if you do need to take Dromias on a regular basis, they're safe and they aren't going to cause damage to your body like OTC's or prescription drugs.

In fact, the last time I had the freak sleeping problems and decided I was desperate enough to use something for it, I went looking for the safest OTC. The one I found to have the "safest" ingredients was Unisom, and it still has ingredients like artificial dyes that poision your body. So, I might be getting some sleep, but I'm adding on more stress because I know the sleeping aid is doing real damage to me. It's a vicious cycle. 

-The ingredients have other health benefits besides just sleeping (see the ingredients part I wrote above). 


No comments: