Translate

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Coffee for your face!






 This yellow creamy, butter-looking stuff in a jar happens to be the Coffee Antioxidant Cream from you guessed it, Skin Actives!

  While the color may be a bit unusual and the scent a tiny bit like chicken noode soup, the Coffee Antioxidant Cream has more benefits than you may have thought. 

  I'll start by telling you what, who and how. 

The Coffee Antioxidant Cream can be used by both male and female and on the body as well as the face. 

I was really interested in trying this sample of the Coffee Antioxidant Cream after doing some research on coffee and reading a little about the benefits it possibly has for skin. I had to know how well my skin would react.

Since the Coffee Antioxidant Cream can be used on oily, dry, normal or combination skin, it was a perfect choice for me as my skin varies from week to week.


As you would assume from the name of this cream, it is rich in antioxidants. According to Skin Actives, the Coffee Antioxidant Cream can do the following:


- Prevent oxidative damage.
- Prevent cancer! (A must!)
- Nourish the skin.
- Promote cellular health and function.
- Prevent Vitiligo
- Moisturize skin.


Here is what Skin Actives has to say about it:
  "This is a super anti-oxidant cream, harnessing the amazing anti-oxidant properties of the coffee fruit and complementing them with our Anti-Oxidant Booster and Superoxide Dismutase and several other actives. This  is the equivalent of our CHAS Serum in a cream form.The coffee fruit (cherry) has similar chemicals to those found in the seed (the coffee we drink) but it is not used much because of its bitterness. Chemicals found in the cherry: Caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, trigonelline, ferulic acid, quinic acid and more."

The antioxidant booster they refer to in the above paragraph is a tube of red, somewhat greasy liquid that contains antioxidants. This stuff can be mixed with your other creams from Skin Actives such as the Coffee Cream and Canvas Base cream which I previously talked about. You can put a little on your face without mixing it with something. I prefer mixing with the other creams because then you're getting double the benefits and then some.

HOW?
Simple. Apply the Coffee Cream to your face, body, neck or wherever you choose once or twice daily on clean skin. I shower before bed so I use it after the shower. This is a great idea because your skin works when you sleep to repair itself and all that wonderful stuff so topping it with the beneficial cream while you sleep will really help you reap those benefits.

Oh, and incase y'all were curious about what vitiligo is, it's actually a skin disorder where the skin has discoloration. Whiter areas than the rest of your face. The Coffee Cream prevents and can help with that specific condition which is nice because I don't think I've ever known of any other skincare products that do this. I also think it could help with those areas where your skin is darker than the rest of your face. It's common to have that in places like around the mouth. I had suddenly been experiencing it for months and it looked really weird and I had no clue what caused it, but recently came to the conclusion that it may have been caused from the injections I take. It did clear up completely though. 

INGREDIENTS:
 Water, Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) seed oil, Sorbitol, Butylene glycol, Cetyl alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl alcohol, Rosehip oil (Rosa affinis rubiginosa), Sesame (Sesamum indicum) Seed Oil, sweet almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, Avocado (Persea gratissima) oil, Sodium hyaluronate, Coffee (Coffea arabica) fruit extract, EGCG from green tea, Ascorbyl palmitate, Coenzyme Q10, Ellagic acid, alpha lipoic acid, Grape seed proanthocyanidins, Resveratrol, tetrahydrocurcuminoids, glutathione, superoxide dismutase, glutaredoxin, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Seed Oil and Astaxanthin and Tocotrienols and Lycopene and alpha D-Tocopherol and Thioctic Acid and Lutein, Polysorbate 20, Citric acid, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben.

As you can see, this is one of the Skin Active products that contain parabens. Not many people are sensitive to them, but if you are you may want to proceed using with caution. I've never had a bad reaction to using products with them, but some people prefer not to. 

I can't say for sure how accurate this is, but I have read that coffee in skincare can be very, very good for preventing signs of aging! I have read that just at random, unknown places online, not actually somewhere totally legit so I can't say 100% but it's totally worth it anyway.


I've also read that it will protect your skin from free radicals. As for my results, I'm still using my sample of the cream, but it does soften and smooth my skin like nothing else! It feels wonderful. 


This, like the Canvas Base Cream tends to roll up in tiny balls if you use too much. I found that it hardly reacted in that way as much as the canvas cream did so if you're looking for something you can use before applying makeup, the Coffee Cream is just fine. I just have to make sure I don't get too coffee cream happy and over use. If I use just enough for a light layer, I have no cream balls. It won't roll off my skin when I rub or apply makeup.


As the photo shows, the Coffee Antioxidant Cream is very yellow in color. It has the texture and consistency of your average moisturizer. There's no noticeable scent unless you hold it under your nose. To me, it has a very faint scent and smells like chicken noodle soup! Lol. My cats and weiner dog must have thought so too because they were trying to lick my face! Ha. Ha.


I actually have no idea why, but everytime I use any Skin Active product, my cats sniff and try licking my face! It's so weird and cute. The lip collagen even had that effect!






If there are any changes, I'll certainly update on the Coffee Cream. For now, I'm loving how smooth and soft my skin is after using it!






*FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SPONSORED REVIEWS SEE MY DISCLOSURE PAGE. VIEW HONESTY PLEDGE AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.*

No comments: