Translate

Saturday, January 8, 2011

HAIR REMOVAL UPDATE & PINK BEDROOM

I'm back for a short update on the laser hair removal!
 Sorry, I'm sure this process is not as exciting to you as it is to me. Anyways, I let you know how my first treatment went and it's now been over a week and I done my second treatment today!

 I had about 8-10 hairs that grew in the area since my last treatment! That's amazing results! Only one treatment & just those few hairs were all that have grew in over a week! But I had a area right below that I hadn't treated until today. So instead of using one channel which is one connector plugged into one pad that covers one area, I used 2 channels which uses four active pads on 4 different areas! It was scary, especially since the area is a pretty sensitive one. It went well though.

 It only took 11 minutes and I will say though, it was a bit more intense. Not painful at all, but I could certainly feel more tingling than the last time. It mostly just feels like when you get that prickly sensation when your hand goes to sleep. Nothing big at all. Which is such a relief because I don't think I'd be able to handle using the electrolysis devices such as the "No! No!" that is painful. I just don't think I'd be able to endure that kind of pain in certain areas.

 Anyways, just wanted to update you on my hair lol. I will probably take pics next time for ya. I would've done that already, but we don't want to be putting pics online of certain spots now do we? lol. I'm not sure which area I'll treat next, probably my leg or something like that so I can post pics this time. It won't be this week though.

Next update: My pink bedroom
Remember when I posted about my upcoming projects & one was painting my bedroom? Well I finally dug out the pink paint that's been hiding in the corner for 6 months now! Actually the boyfriend did it. hee hee. I love the color, but oh how disappointing it was that it did NOT cover my blue walls worth a crap! Before I paid $40 for this paint, I asked the paint guy at lowes how well it would cover over blue, 100 times. He was totally sure that no matter what, "this paint will have no problem covering the blue and one gallon will be plenty," he said. So I forked over the $40. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

 It's a beautiful color, I couldn't be happier with the color, but holy hell it looks terrible! I wouldn't mind one bit, but for $40 it really should've covered. Hell for $40 it should've covered the walls & cleaned my damn house! lol The thing is, it wasn't anywhere near enough paint to even cover  every wall! I even told the guy the size of my room & oh he was so sure it'd be plenty.

 So now I'm stuck with streaky walls, one & a half walls are blue and the rest are pink with major blue showing through. I know about primer and all that, but it was supposed to have "primer built in." I used Valspar. I will certainly recommend NOT wasting your money on that paint. Honestly, the cheaper kinds like Bear, does even better. Wal-mart's paint does better.

 I hate that the price is so high or I'd just go buy 2 more gallons and get the job done, but that would cost $80. I know I'm a cheapie, but $80 for paint is just ridiculous. So now I'm starting to really become stressed about it. I don't want to leave it how it is because let's face it, it looks just awful! I wonder if I could get my money back for it. Would any of you beauties happen to have any advice? If so, please, please, please do let me know! I will certainly be greatful. By the way, I had already planned to paint one of my walls black so I guess that will help if I do have to purchase more pink, over-priced paint. lol

* I'm serious about the advice now. lol Would you try to get your money back so you could get more paint to get it painted & be done, or is there another option you can think of that I probably haven't? Thank you lovelies so much! I am always forever greatful to you ALL.*

5 comments:

Kindros said...

I would ask them what my options are or if there was some kind of warranty that covers it covering over. If not, you should just use other brands/stores. Sorry there isn't anything solid from me, lol.

Bring Pretty Back said...

I would take the empty can - and a photo- your receipt... and go in and see what they will do.
But... don't go gome without more paint. Until you get this painred and love it , it will drive you crazy. That's no way to live! ( :
Keep us posted!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Admin1 said...

BRINGING PRETTY BACK:
I really hope you see my comment here. I've been trying to leave you a comment on your blog & have been unsuccessful! For some reason, it just isn't letting me leave comments so I decided to do it here :)

Aw! So sorry you were sick for Christmas. :( I was sick too, the day after! It was terrible. There was some kind of nasty flu going around I think we all had it. We didn't have a big Christmas here like we usually do because we had a sick-ie on Christmas then I was so excited for the day after, thinking it'd be better & my boyfriend got sick and so did I! Then it was my mom. It just got us all I guess. lol So we got excited for new years party, but we were all still sick! Don't you just hate the flu?

Well, in you recent posts, I see you are better. That's good. Also, I'm so sorry to hear your dog had some trouble. :( Hope all is well with you and your precious baby. :)

Anthony J. Langford said...

lol - great post,.,. tell you what, just email the pics ok? and we'll keep it to ourselves...haha..

You're a funny girl, but i like you a lot..

from one who is not hairy and doesnt like it either.. lol

x

Kimberly Walker said...

Do you have a lazer hair removal machine? Or you going somewhere to get it done?
All the best,
Kim