Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Numi Tea



These are two of Numi Tea's organic single serving tea samples. I really like tea from Numi Tea because they have such an amazing selection and because their teas are organic, which is something I really appreciate.

While I don't always totally love the taste of the teas I drink, I do love the health benefits. That said, I found the Orange Spice and HoneyBush tea from Numi Tea to be satisfying.

What I really like about the HoneyBush Tea is that you can have it with ice and it tastes really nice! I don't care so much for warm drinks, never have. I've always drank my teas and coffee (and everything else) cold my entire life, so I naturally find tea more satisfying if it tastes nice cold. For those who like warm teas though, the HoneyBush will still be delicious that way.

Numi Tea's HoneyBush tea comes from South Africa. The tea comes from their organic HoneyBush  -- HoneyBush is a "flowering shrub that yields a rich, earthy brew with sweet honey overtones." Their website goes on, in the description of their HoneyBush Tea, to say "this secret healer is rich in antioxidants." That is another reason I really like the HoneyBush tea, and other teas as well -- their health benefits. Teas are a very rich source of antioxidants and we want those guys because they're super healthy, they fight free radicals and can even prevent cancer by doing so.

The HoneyBush Tea is caffeine-free, so some of you will be happy about that.

More reasons I love Numi Tea:
  • Their teas are USDA Certified Organic.
  •  Non GMO! This is amazing, guys. Really. To those of you who aren't aware of how harmful GMO food products are, I really urge you to read up! I wanted to ignore it because it scared me, but finally felt I had to face it & when I did, I was glad to have educated myself. It's very hard to aviod Monsanto's crappy Genetically Modified (terribly harmful) foods, so when we do find teas or food products that are non-GMO, it makes me want to spend my money with those non-GMO companies even more. 


                      The Orange Spice Tea

Orange Spice Tea is a blend of smooth, white tea and real orange peel, which can even be seen in the tea! I thought that was neat & really loved the aroma of it. You would think having orange peel, the Orange Spice tea would have a bitter taste, but I didn't find that to be true at all. In fact, it's kind of sweet!

The Orange Spice tea also contains Schizandra berries, and lemongrass. Their website, in the Orange Spice description, goes on to say "real orange peel, schizandra berries and lemongrass balances complex citrus notes with luxurious spice. All make for the most divine cup."

I couldn't taste the lemon in it very much, but that's nothing I was bothered by. If you like your tea really, really sweet, you can always add some raw, pure honey. This works well in teas and is what I use to sweeten my tea instead of sugar. It's better because not only is raw, pure honey really great for your health, but it's also a better alternative to sugar and Lord knows most of us do not need more sugar in our diets (no, not because of weight issues, but because of the negative effects sugar has on our health. But yes, I agree, sugar is delicious!)

More things to love about the Orange Spice Tea:
  •  It bears the "Fair Trade Certified Ingredients" symbol!
  • It too is USDA Certified Organic.
  • It also bears the Non-GMO Project logo, just like the other Numi Teas do. Again, Non-GMO is always a perfect option!

No comments: