Translate

Friday, September 16, 2011

My Pearl Of The Day - Sauipe!

                                                         Sauipe Swimwear


Photobucket Photobucket


  *Funkly looking with shorts on underneath and in case you're wondering, no, I do not plan to wear it like this. Lol. Just didn't want to be too revealing.*

  Sauipe's 2011 swimwear collection is designed beautifully with pretty prints, colors, hardware and embellishments. This collection is highly impressive! The collection includes jewel tones, feather inspired prints, hardware, gold mesh, laquer embellishments, circular rings and the most well fitting cuts I've ever seen!

 I learned that little info above from reading about Sauipe's new collection. The swim suit I have is one of the feather inspired ones which I wasn't sure would look great on me or really fit my funky style at first, but it's a truly glamorous swim suit.

Mine is black and white with a hardware piece that gives a nice touch to this sophisticately designed suit.

 This while looking a bit like a regular swim suit, is nothing like it! It's a totally new fit for me and a huge relief from the tiny string bikinis that come un-tied, are uncomfortable and a lot of time too revealing. Who can have fun in a swim suit like that? Recently we took the 11 year old to white water and I was stuck standing in a kiddie pool since my swim suit would never have held up to much fun at all. It's so relieving to have a swim suit that looks nice, doesn't reveal everything and is comfortable. This is all so new to me!

 Sauipe swimwear is nothing like your regular swim suit. I'm a fan of Body Glove's  swimwear, but Body Glove has nothing on Sauipe. From the feel to the fit it's a real stunner. Feels absolutely beautiful on. There's no picking and pulling. I've actually never had a swim suit that fit correctly. They're usually saggy in the bottoms (not cute!) and the tops are either so padded that it looks funny or thin fabric that screams to the world every time you get a cold chill.

Now, more on Sauipe Swimwear....

The material - believe me, there's no mistaken this is a high quality swinsuit! I wish you guys could just feel this baby! It feels amazing. The material is nothing like most swim suits.
My Sauipe suit is made of 84% Polyamide, 16% Spandex while the lining is made of   83% Polyamide and 17% Spandex. Sauipe's proprietary super-soft silken blend is Sauipe's trademark. I'll say, all other swim suits make me turn my nose up now! Oh my, have I become a Sauipe only, swim suit snob?

A few tips: This swim suit (as well as most) should never be ironed, or thrown in the washer.



Photobucket
The top -
The top is bandeu style, but comes with a lovely removable strap attachment so you can choose between strapless bandeu or halter bandeu. Personally, I've always loved the bandeu style, but it never looked right on me. Sauipe's top has molded cups instead of a thick foam padding so you have light coverage and plenty of support.

The swim suit can withstand quite some wear it seems. I think the sizes may run a bit smaller than what some of us might be used to. Mine's a medium and when I first saw that my heart skipped a beat. I knew it'd be saggy on me, but actually fits like a dream. The top is great, but I'm very positive the medium top on this swim suit would be a perfect fit for a B to a C cup.

On the top there's 2 pieces of gold hardware which, by the way is hypo-allergenic, rust-proof, tarnish-proof and heat-proof! The hardware on this particular suit includes one piece in the back to hook the back together and one beautiful gold piece in the front in the shape of a rectangle.

Before I go into details on the bottom piece I want to add a few things here...

Sauipe's swimwear collection is designed to flatter a real woman's figure instead of being designed to flatter an air-brushed girl on the cover of a magazine. This gets Sauipe extra kudos from me. Women have curves. Sauipe gets that! The cuts on the swimwear are not for size 0 only. Even a full figure will more than likely be flattered with the right suit. I've solved my no hip or booty problem! More on that later.

The bottom piece:
                                 
PhotobucketPhotobucket

                                       


    

There's a really cute, tiny gold oval that has "Sauipe" engraved on it on the bottom right side (photo above). I don't know why, but this tiny little detail really stood out to me. There's a lot of detail and thought put into these suits!
Photobucket

PhotobucketThe bottom is also of the same material listed earlier on. It's a perfect cut. It's folded down waistband and great amount of coverage make it a more than perfect suit, especially for my figure. I have a somewhat curvy middle, but no hips and with the middle being a bit curvy, my smal hips make my tiny rear end look even tinier in a swim suit (especially when a suit doesn't even cover the tiny thing!) I love that this was not made like to reveal as much as a thong does. The front also has plenty of coverage and it's easily got room to wear a bit lower or higher if you choose without bunching.

The folded waistband was exactly what my weird anatomy needed. It's similar to a tiny mini skirt (that's what it ...


reminds me of with the folded down waist). Then you have that folded area leadin to the tie at the right side. Just stunning! It doesn't actually come off if it's untied so you're perfectly secured. Swimsuit bottoms with this style are perfect for petite women or those with my weird hip and hiney issue. Lol. Or if you just prefer more coverage, the fold down piece will give you just that. I like the front since it isn't tiny, outlining your lady bits! The style of both the bottoms and the molded bandeu top give this simple suit a super fun and youthful look, in my opinion.













  Last, but not least, this sexy, classy, elegant and sophisticated swim suit comes with a wonderful zip lock style bag for storage! It's firm though, unlike a flimsy sand wich bag, but it holds the swim suit and protects from dust and yuckies collecting on it when it's stored away for the winter. Thankfully, I'll get a chance to wear this beauty at the beach next month! Yipee!
Photobucket



*The precious Sauipe Suit was sent to me in exchange for review. Everything in the review is my 100% honest, raw opinion. I was not persuaded or influenced in any way to write a positive review. I chose to write positive strictly on my own terms... and GLADLY! :) See my honesty pledge at the top of page!*

No comments: