Translate

Friday, February 18, 2011

A little somethin'-somethin' for my sparklies (my short story)

Hello there,
In my last post I mentioned a recent writing assignment I had where I was to write a short story in less than 30 min. I mentioned that I may post it, & I decided to. It was a very fun experience, but totally out of my normal writing zone so it's not going to be anything super exciting or special, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Also I should mention that I recently made a post about wheatgrass that had a broken link. I have went back & corrected it, but just to clear it up for those of you who tried clicking, it is: http://www.a.m.organics.com/ Please my sparklies, if I post broken links, feel free to correct me so I can change that.

Here's the first section of my story. I will post the last part in a day or so, to keep ya hanging! lol (This has not yet been edited & revised.) It is copyrighted & is not to be used anywhere else by any other person besides myself without at being given permission first. Please know any time you "use" another person's work, the original author should ALWAYS be credited!

         MRS. WALTERS HAS EYES IN THE BACK OF HER HEAD



  Johnny and I were the only kids in the entire 3rd grade class who seemed to know Mrs. Walters had a secret. I met Johnny in the boy’s bathroom at 2:00 sharp as usual. I looked around sneakily to be sure that no one saw us. I handed Johnny the envelope. Enclosed was a very carefully drawn out plan for our next mission: Finding out Mrs. Walters secret.


  We performed out secret handshake and went back to class where Mrs. Walters stood at the front of the class speaking. Her long slender body stood so tall. She has to slump over just to write on the chalk board. Her slick black bun meets with the very top of the chalk board. I study the way she talks and moves. It’s almost robotic. Johnny says she’s not human, she was born computer programmed. Her pale face never moves, not even when she speaks or laughs. I’ve never even saw her blink and I’ve watched closely holding my eyes open until they stung. No blink. Johnny tells me he saw her blink once when she was hit in the head with a baseball during recess.


When her back is turned facing us, Johnny and I play around and every day she says “boys, I can see you! Stop goofing off!”


Johnny says it is because she has eyes in the back of her head, but I haven’t ever seen eyes back there. It’s probably because she wears a bun every day to disguise them. Only private investigators like us know things like that.


Rumble. Rummmble. My stomach was nervous all morning. The day had finally come, the day we would learn who Mrs. Walters really was. We were growing more and more anxious as we waited for 2:00 to show. Johnny and I love to investigate and go on new missions. We’re going to be private investigators when we grow up. We’ll be partners and everything.


When 2:00 finally rolled around, I headed to the boy’s bathroom to meet Johnny...


*TO BE CONTINUED. (PROBABLY TOMORROW.)

1 comment:

Anthony J. Langford said...

haha - can't wait to finish it..though i think i know! lol